Saturday 25 June 2011

Mukti Bandhan scores with its power packed dialogues..



Maine Saari Duniya Kharid li; Main I M Virani; Peshe se business man". The journey of I M Virani started with promos that run with such power packed dialogues.


Mihir Bhuta, the man who penned his dialogues for the initial episodes of Star One'sRang Badalti Odhani and Sahara One's Shorr, created the magical words for I M Virani and his family of Mukti Bandhan. Whether it be for the ambitious I.M. Virani or for the enterprising Devki, or the equally strong character of Bhavanji Bha, Mihir has always differentiated the characters with elan and of course with uniquely defined powerful dialogues.

Mukti Bandhan as we all know is an adaptation of Harikishan Mehta's popular novel with the same title. When asked about the adaptation the writer says, "Actually the adaption part is done by the show's director Vipul Mehta and I just have to give apt dialogues for them. I know the characters are powerful. Also what is the thirty years of my experience for? (laughs)"

Telly Buzz asked whether there is any scene or sequence that he found it really difficult while writing Mukti Bandhan. He said, "Till a few days back I have not felt that. But today I found it really difficult to write a scene of I M Virani (Shiv) and Chandraprabha (Deepti Naval). The scene is really tough because the characters are really powerful and elegant and their encounter after years has to be special. That's the 87th episode."

Deepti Naval is back after a hiatus in television through this show and Mihir talks about writing for her, "I have not spoken to her much and just had a single conversation with her. But it is good to write for her."

Mihir is not new to appreciation but he describes his one of the happiest moments of it, "I get appreciated by everyone on the sets and even actors also tell me a lot about the dialogues. But I felt really happy when Purnendu Shekhar (writer of Balika Vadhu) called me up and appreciated me for my work. We both know each other well but have not met for more than ten years now."

Guess that's the power of the pen, and Mukti Bandhan has to be a benchmark when it comes to the hard hitting dialogues written.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes