Wednesday 1 June 2011

Joker has been my easiest yes so far- Minisha Lamba





Sometimes you have to forgo doing what's popular in order to do what's right. Minissha Lamba did exactly that when she touched Well Done Abba...and the whole world saw it and appreciated it. But what a ride it's been for Mini (I'd love to call her). Since her debut film Yahaan, she has, in her own roundabout way, proven to be one of freshest and most intelligent actresses of her generation with films as diverse as the many characters in a Hindi film - Bachna Ae Haseeno, Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Kidnap andWell Done Abba.

It is no particular surprise that she is smart, confident and funny when you meet her, and a girl not easy to ignore. Something about the solemnity of her demeanour reminds me of those moments in Well Done Abba. That's Minissha Lamba. A lady who, despite the formidable height of her heels, walks into every film she does with a dancer's grace. Vim and vigour are two words that best describes Mini. But yet another 'V' word puts her in an uncomfortable position - Valentine.




I don't believe in Valentine's Day, she tells me. I pause and decide to end the interview right there. But not without delivering the lines, No matter what you believe in Mini, we still love you. Our correspondent chats with the implausibly piercing and twinkling Minissha Lamba on the two films that she is impatiently looking forward to this year - Joker and Bheja Fry 2.

I've only to thank my last film Well Done Abba for what I am doing right now

It's good that people think I am doing a string of films this year. But I still feel that my struggle is on and it's not been easy. I've only to thank my last film Well Done Abba for what I am doing right now. I think it's also God's helping hand as I don't have anyone else's helping hand in the industry.

I think Joker has been my easiest 'yes' so far

One day, Shirish Kunder text me saying if I had my dates free. Then he disappeared after that. I just thought he must've sent me the message by mistake. Then he called up again after that and offered me to do Joker. I think Joker has been my easiest 'yes' so far in accepting a film offer.

Yes, I have to research for my character in Joker

I never knew when I said 'yes' to the film as Joker was going to be India's first commercial 3D film. That's another reason why I am elated right now as any actor would love to be a part of a 3D film coming from Bollywood at times when 3D films in the West are being appreciated and seen by all. Yes, I have to research for my character in Joker as it requires me to do so. It's another story that I may have to go down pretty thin on 3D if people are to like me (laughs).

I've always believed that nothing succeeds like success

You keep on waiting and nothing happens. You take a chance and everything happens. That's what people perceive it as in Bollywood. I've always believed that nothing succeeds like success. Yes, I am a go-getter because no one is going to give you everything on a platter and no one is going to make your dreams come true.

The essence of Bheja Fry 1 and 2 is Bharat Bhushan

I am happy to know that Bheja Fry 2 is the most eagerly awaited comedy of 2011. I love the first film. Bheja Fry is what started the movement in the reasonably budgeted content cinema. Bheja Fry 2 has the same character of Bharat Bhushan and the first half ends in one pace. The second half is again another journey of Bharat Bhushan with completely different characters and situations. The essence of Bheja Fry 1 and 2 is Bharat Bhushan.

I respect Sonkashi Sinha, our industry's new comer and she has such great potential

I really don't understand when people say that some actress is playing the lead and someone else is the second lead. In Hollywood, actors do an Oceans 11, 12 and 13. So who's playing the lead there I think Bollywood should start concentrating more on content than all these things. Labelling is something I don't want to get into. I respect Sonakshi Sinha, our industry's new comer and she has such great potential as a new comer. I absolutely loved her in Dabangg and she has a charm of her own.

Shreyas Talpade isn't underrated or overrated
I've worked with Shreyas Talpade in Hum Tum Aur Shabana. I am working with him again in Joker. Shreyas Talpade isn't underrated or overrated. He is just a damn good actor. A film is a film and he is a very fine actor. I am really glad that the team of Joker is amazing and is never before seen on celluloid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes